- Discover an immersive experience in two parts: an interactive attraction with stunning video projection and live performance, and an augmented reality adventure in Winchester
- Lose yourself in early medieval Wessex, recreated in majestic detail by Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Complete the app 878 AD: Winchester Revealed to unlock rare Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in-game content
Live performance, real objects
- From the thief to the reeve, the soldier to the slave, live performance brings the everyday stories of the people of Anglo-Saxon Winchester to life
- Be amazed by real Anglo-Saxon objects including the exquisite Winchester Reliquary, the only known Anglo-Saxon reliquary to have been found in England
- Try your hand at Anglo-Saxon games, and take on the quest to reveal the hiding places of precious objects with our children’s trail and Side Quests
- Find out more about the Anglo-Saxons and their Viking foes with our Discovery Tour: Viking Age interactive podiums
878 AD: Winchester Revealed
- Step into the streets of Winchester to continue your journey of discovery with 878 AD: Winchester Revealed, our augmented reality app, available for download during your visit to the attraction
- Tour the city streets like never before with augmented reality buildings, interactive games and more
- Complete 878 AD: Winchester Revealed to unlock rare Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in-game content!
- Explore the lost buildings of Winchester’s past and on your way, collect map fragments that reveal Alfred’s lasting legacy
- Become an Anglo-Saxon artisan - create your own shield design or make a pot, building, carving and smoothing the clay
- Learn how to defend the city walls by practising augmented reality archery - using the real-world medieval Westgate as your target
Brilliant interactive museum. Learned so much about the medieval history of Winchester and King Alfred!
Sarah B, Google Reviews
Sign up to find out more about the UK’s first visitor experience dedicated to our Anglo-Saxon past and brought to life with the spectacular graphics of Assassin’s Creed and Discovery Tour: Viking Age.
You are signing up to hear from Hampshire Cultural Trust. Please tell us what you would like to hear about - you can select as many boxes as you want.
Enjoy three historic attractions, including 878 AD, with our trio ticket!
Book now for 878 AD and experience
Opening times may vary per attraction, please plan your visit in advance. Due to limited capacities at our attractions, advanced booking is encouraged. To guarantee an entry time that suits you, please use our online booking system to pre-book your visit.